Thursday, May 26, 2011

Poems that I wrote years ago


Paths Entwined

Every person
On every path
Leaves a trail behind

When two paths cross
The trails… now left
Will forever be combined

Soon those trails
Become a web
Of lives that we have known

On my path
Which leads my life
Your trail has really shown

(June 15, 2005)




The Missing Piece

A part of me is missing
A part I cannot see
The gap within my heart
I’m searching for desperately

Fill it up with friends
But soon I find again
The gap within my heart
I’m searching for desperately

Plug it up with ignorance
Then it drains down, and leaves
The gap within my heart
I’m searching for desperately

Tune it out with life
Until I’m forced to see
The gap within my heart
I’m searching for desperately

Turn to God for help
And that’s when he shows me
The gap within my heart
That Jesus filled for me

(April 24-25, 2005)




 
This Is Just To Say

One word can change a life forever
So be careful what you say

With all the words we’ve shared
Life will never be the same

It’s too late now
We can’t go back

We filled the others life
With desperation, pain, and grief

In this never ending battle
Full of deception, fear, and rage

Fifteen years have come and gone
And even though I’ve left

The battle still rages
Behind closed doors

And now I'm full of hate

(Freshman Year)




Warning

When I am old I will not care
‘bout what I say or what I wear

I’ll take pills morning, noon, and night
Then I’ll sit down and watch the price is right

I’ll drink lots of prune juice
To keep my bowels loose

I’ll be the one who wants to see
Things the way they used to be

I’ll talk about the young hoodlums full of rage
Who should have seen what life was like when I was their age

I’ll feel my knee in lot’s of pain
Right before it starts to rain

I’ll talk about the “good old days”
When we were teens going through our rebellious phase

Now that all is said and told
Thank God that I am not yet old

(2004)


4 comments:

  1. I think I should start writing some new poems though. I think 6 years is long enough to be showing the same ones over and over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha new is always good =P
    You should take the poetry classes at Chemeketa! The WR ones are better than ENG, I think you'd like them =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sounds of that :) I'm really looking forward to school in the fall!

    ReplyDelete